Voluntary Car Scheme
Fareham Voluntary Car Scheme is a voluntary based door-to-door transport service in Fareham town centre and Titchfield village giving people the opportunity to get to medical appointments without any hassle, thanks to the kind work of our community volunteers. If you are struggling to find accessible and affordable transport to medical appointments, our team is here to help.
Our service is available to older and disabled people in Fareham and Titchfield without own transport or access to public transport. We are one of many schemes in Hampshire and a member of the Good Neighbours Network.
To request a trip to your medical appointment, please contact 01329 231899 giving as much notice as possible.
Where can I go?
Our volunteers can take you to healthcare appointments, including:
- Clinic appointments: GP, dentist, optician, podiatrist, physiotherapist
- Hospital appointments in Portsmouth, Southampton, Winchester and Havant
How much does it cost?
All of our drivers are volunteers who use their own cars, we therefore ask passengers to make a donation to cover mileage costs. Our admin team will advise the suggested donation for your trip upon booking.
How do I book a trip?
Please contact 01329 231899 giving as much notice as possible. We require a minimum of 3 days’ notice to match you to an available volunteer driver.
Become a volunteer driver
Volunteer driving is a great way to support your local community at times that suit your schedule. Car Scheme Drivers use their own vehicles to take people to door-to-door healthcare appointments.
You will need:
- A full driving licence held for at least two years
- Access to a car which has full insurance, tax and MOT
- To live in the area covered by your scheme (there are schemes in all parts of Hampshire)
Your scheme will:
- Provide you with a full induction
- Pay your expenses (usually 45p per mile)
- Reassure you that your insurance premium will not increase if you volunteer
- Give you on-going support
For more information about becoming a valued volunteer car driver in your spare time, please call us on 01329 223140.
Other local voluntary car schemes
Not in our area? Don’t worry, there are three other voluntary car schemes in Fareham Borough. Please see your local contact details below.
- Portchester: 07002 226 868*
- Stubbington and Hill Head: 07832 330308
- Western Wards (Locks Heath, Sarisbury, Swanwick, Titchfield Common, Warsash, Whiteley): 07002 456 689*
- Solent: 07807 267630
- Wickham: 01329 832194/834925
* Please note, calls to these numbers may not be charged at the standard local rate.