Preparing For Employment in Health and Social Care
Events > Preparing For Employment in Health and Social CareBook
Time: 10:00 - 12:00
Price (Voluntary Sector/Social Enterprise): £0.00
Price (Statutory/Business): £0.00
Please note: this course is run over 5 dates, please attend all dates. Dates and times are confirmed below.
Social care is about providing physical, emotional and social support to help people live their lives. Sometimes people need support to develop and maintain their independence, dignity and control. Social care provides a range of services to support adults and older people.
This fully funded course will help you understand the skills needed for social care and how you can match your skills to a suitable job.
This training will be supported by industry experts and local agencies: ETA, Mayfair Homecare and ACASA care and support. If you are a Rushmoor resident, you will be guaranteed an interview with a local agency.
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
* Identify your skills, abilities, qualities, experiences and key strengths for working in the care industry
* Search relevant online information sources and career opportunities
* Create/review your CV
* Prepare cover letters, speculative letters and application forms
* Undertake relevant industry training and practice interviews
* Produce and review an Action Plan in relation to your personal development and employment needs
Monday 15th June (10 am - 12 pm)
Thursday 8th June (10 am - 12 pm)
Monday 22nd June (10 am - 12 pm)
Thursday 25th June (10 am - 12 pm)
and Monday 29th June (10 am - 12 pm)