FULLY BOOKED The Trusted Trustee - essential training for new Trustees
Events > FULLY BOOKED The Trusted Trustee - essential training for new TrusteesBook
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
Price (Voluntary Sector/Social Enterprise): £0.00
Price (Statutory/Business): £0.00
The Trusted Trustee
If you have been appointed as a Trustee, or are considering joining an organisation in this role, you have agreed to take on an important role. Find out your role and responsibilities, and consider the questions that you should be raising as a dedicated, diligent Trustee.
By the end of The Trusted Trustee course, individual participants will be able to:
* identify the responsibilities they have as trustees
* understand the basics from their introduction to charity law and roles within a voluntary organisation
* understand the appropriate reference guides to consult to confirm their understanding
By the end of The Trusted Trustee course, participants will be able to:
* State what a charity is
* Discover the purpose of Trustees
* Identify individual Trustee’s responsibilities and accountability
* Consider relevant fundamentals of charity law
* Develop an overview of good governance & practice
* Understand the optimal behaviours for a Trustee
* Familiarise themselves with their charity’s governing documents and be able to reflect back on its efficacy (homework for intervening time between Part 1 and Part 2)
Tuesday 26th January and Tuesday 9th February 2021
18:00 – 21:00 both days (please attend both sessions)
The training is free to attend, but if you cancel your place or fail to show then you will be charged £50 as we cannot subsidise your place.
Delivered online via Zoom.