Events & Programmes
Harmful Cultural Practices – including forced marriage and honour based abuse workshop
Time: 10:00 - 13:00
Price: £10 per person
Venue: Front Lawn Sports Hub, Somborne Drive, Leigh Park, Havant, PO9 5AN
This is an interactive Workshop designed to increase understanding and raise awareness on these hidden crimes.
We will provide an understanding of the causes and triggers of honour-based violence and forced marriage; the prevalence of these crimes in the UK, and how you can respond.
Aim & Objectives
- To learn what Forced Marriage and Honour Based Abuse is
- To have a better understanding of definitions & the difference between arranged and forced marriage
- A look at the national and local picture on these crimes
- Understanding the impact on individual/ family/ community
- Existing protection for those at risk
- What you can do
To view the flyer for this event click the link: Community First – Harmful Cultural Practices Workshop – 19 June
Click here to book your place.