Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health - Online course
Time: 09:30 - 16:30
Mental Health First Aid won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and potentially stop a crisis from happening.
In this Online Level 2 Mental Health First Aid course you’ll learn how to:
• Recognise the warning signs of mental ill-health
• Develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone while keeping yourself safe
• Gain skills and knowledge to empower people to access the support they need for recovery or successful management of their symptoms
• Process create a more mentally supportive workplace
• Gain an understanding of how to support positive wellbeing and tackle stigma in the world around you.
• Factors affecting mental health and the impact of poor mental health on individuals
• Stress – signs and symptoms, factors which increase the risk of stress, it’s impact and how it can be managed
• Starting the conversation about mental health and providing safe advice
• Ways to improve mental health and wellbeing, and signposting to professional services
• Potential impact of drug and alcohol misuse on mental health
• Creating a first aid action plan for mental health
This course in a one day online course delivered over Zoom