733 Volunteer Management and Retention (Free, Funded, Online Course
Time: 09:30 - 15:30
Please note: this course is a two day course and you will be required to attend Tuesday 1st and 8th February. This is delivered online using Zoom
Course Fee: This course is being offered free with the funding we receive (to person's whose home address is in Hampshire only), however, please be aware that if you fail to attend we will charge £50 as we are unable to subsidise your place once booked. Cancellations fees are only waived if a place is cancelled 2 weeks before the course runs, for whatever the reason of your cancellation.
Managing your volunteers effectively and providing them with adequate support will help you retain them. Managers of volunteers have challenging roles, often carried out with few resources and as part of a much wider role. This online course provides an introduction to the key principles of good practice in volunteer management and how to apply them to your organisation and volunteers with the aim of retaining happy, long-serving volunteers.
Identify different aspects of managing and retaining volunteers.
Thinking differently about volunteering since Covid - identify what have people learnt from volunteering
Examine ideas and practical actions to use within your organisations
• Identify Volunteer Induction and Training Requirements
• Discuss Volunteer Agreements
• Identify Legal Requirements & Best Practices
• Identify Ways of Motivating Volunteers
• Recognise Ways to Provide Ongoing Support
• Determine Ways of Managing Performance
• Establish How to Handle Difficult Volunteers
• Identify Ways of Demonstrating Commitment
• Meet others to discuss their own best practice, ideas and ways of implementing the volunteering process