Fareham and Gosport Voluntary Sector Health Forum
The Fareham and Gosport Voluntary Sector Health Forum is a meeting point for the health services and more than 50 community groups in Fareham and Gosport that support people with health conditions.
The Forum allows patients to influence how health services meet their needs and become more effective.
To engage, inform and support local health and disability groups in the area so that:
- they can collectively have their say and influence decision making
- their work is known and valued by healthcare providers including GPs
- they can put forward proposals to improve the health and wellbeing of patients with long term conditions and their families
- they are informed about proposals for the development of health services by the Clinical Commissioning Group and can respond individually or collectively
- they can provide feedback or raise concerns about health services for the specific needs of patients with particular conditions
The Fareham and Gosport Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
Fareham and Gosport Clinical Commissioning Group is responsible for purchasing healthcare for patients in Fareham and Gosport, and is required by law to consult with patients. The Health Forum helps the CCG to do this more effectively.
The Forum is open to all health and disability related support groups, clubs and charities in Fareham and Gosport that aim to improve the health and well-being of their members. Representatives of the CCG will also attend.
Meetings are organised 4 times a year and are chaired alternately by Community First Fareham and Gosport Voluntary Action. Groups unable to send a representative can participate in advance by email or phone. Agenda and papers go out by email a week before meetings, and responses from groups are collated. Some topics may take several meetings.
The Forum is not a channel for individual cases or complaints to be raised.
Following each meeting, a feedback report is submitted to the CCG who will respond to the issues raised at the next meeting of the Forum.
For more information about the next meeting and to book your place.
For more information contact us by phone: 01329 231899 (Fareham) or 02392 583836 (Gosport) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org