FREE Recognising and understanding loneliness and isolation (Ref 1288)
Time: 10:00 - 16:00
Heart of the Park (Leigh Park Community Centre)
Loneliness can affect anyone from any background at any time of their life. It is often associated with the elderly, but children and young people also become lonely and isolated.
WHO WOULD IT BENIFIT:
This course is for anyone that would like to understand the cause and effect of loneliness, as well as practical tips for addressing loneliness. It would be beneficial to those feeling lonely as well as those who wish to understand loneliness in others.
• Recognise signs of loneliness and isolation
• Reduce the harmful effects of loneliness and isolation
• Develop strategies to reduce loneliness and increase positive strategies and socialization skills
After attending this course you may be interested in attend a course: Building your personal resilience or Connect Support and Change
This course is being offered free with the funding we receive from Hampshire Learns to adults aged 19+ whose home address is in Hampshire
This free course is aimed at adult’s aged 19+ whose home address is in Hampshire and who can meet one of the following criteria:
• Do not have a full Level 2 qualification
• In receipt of Income Support or Universal Credit
• Families with school age children in receipt of free school meals
• Have a learning difficulty and/or disability
• Who are at risk of/have mental health needs
• Earn less than £20,319 annual gross salary
• Have refugee status
Polite Notice: Non-attendance will mean we will charge £50 as we are unable to subsidise your place once booked. Cancellations fees are only waived if a place is cancelled 2 weeks before the course runs, for whatever the reason of your cancellation.
Community First also over bespoke training on a wide range of our courses to meet individual group’s needs – enquire at email@example.com