851 Safeguarding Awareness (Online)
Time: 09:30 - 12:30
You need to recognise safeguarding concerns relevant to your role and know the procedure for reporting safeguarding issues. You have a responsibility to be aware of safeguarding practices and know clearly what to do if you feel there is a cause for concern.
In this session : You will have an awareness of who might be a vulnerable adult or identify where a child could be at risk; what constitutes maltreatment; how to protect themself from creating a safeguarding concern and what they should do if they suspect maltreatment of a vulnerable adult or a child.
After this course you will be able to:
• Recognise your responsibilities to Safeguard vulnerable adults and children
• Discuss how to Safeguard vulnerable adults and children
• Recognise your responsibilities to report a concern
• Recognising when to report issues and to whom
• Reporting procedure and the subsequent process
Delivered online via Zoom: You will join a small group online to explore the issues identified above, in a supported and informal environment.