941 Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health (Free, Funded, F2F)
Time: 09:00 - 17:00
Heart of the Park (Leigh Park Community Centre)
Course Fee: This course is being offered free with the funding we receive (to person's whose home address is in Havant Borough only), however, please be aware that if you fail to attend we will charge £50 as we are unable to subsidise your place once booked.
Cancellations fees are only waived if a place is cancelled 2 weeks before the course runs, for whatever the reason of your cancellation.
Attendance to the course is free, but there is a small charge to cover the cost of your certificate and workbook which is £20. An invoices will be sent to you after booking your place.
Mental Health First Aid won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and potentially stop a crisis from happening.
In this Level 2 Mental Health First Aid course you’ll learn how to:
• Recognise the warning signs of mental ill-health
• Develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone while keeping yourself safe
• Gain skills and knowledge to empower people to access the support they need for recovery or successful management of their symptoms • Process create a more mentally supportive workplace
• Gain an understanding of how to support positive wellbeing and tackle stigma in the world around you. Content
• Factors affecting mental health and the impact of poor mental health on individuals
• Stress – signs and symptoms, factors which increase the risk of stress, it’s impact and how it can be managed
• Starting the conversation about mental health and providing safe advice
• Ways to improve mental health and wellbeing, and signposting to professional services
• Potential impact of drug and alcohol misuse on mental health
• Creating a first aid action plan for mental health This course in a one day online course delivered over Zoom