Fareham Voluntary Car Scheme
Fareham Voluntary Car Scheme is a volunteer-run door to door transport service in Fareham town centre and Titchfield village. It is available to older or disabled people who do not have their own transport or are unable to access public transport. It is one of many schemes in Hampshire and a member of the Good Neighbours Network.
To request a trip to your medical appointment, please contact 01329 231899 giving as much notice as possible.
What trips are covered?
The car scheme provides transport to healthcare appointments including:
- Clinic appointments: GP, dentist, optician, podiatrist, physiotherapist
- Hospital appointments in Portsmouth, Southampton, Winchester and Havant
How much does it cost?
All of our drivers are volunteers who use their own cars. We ask passengers to make a donation to cover their mileage costs and advise the suggested donation for the trip.
How do I request a trip?
Please contact 01329 231899 giving as much notice as possible. We require a minimum of 3 days’ notice to match you to an available volunteer driver.
Become a volunteer driver
Volunteer driving is a great way to support your local community at times to suit you. Car Scheme Drivers use their own vehicles to take people to door-to-door healthcare appointments.
You will need:
- A full driving license held for at least two years
- Access to a car which has full insurance, tax and MOT
- To live in the area covered by your scheme (there are sche
mes in all parts of Hampshire)
Your scheme will:
- Provide you with a full induction
- Pay your expenses (usually 45p per mile)
- Reassure you that your insurance premium will not increase if you volunteer
- Give you on-going support
For more information about becoming a volunteer car driver in your spare time, call Community First Fareham on 01329 223140.
Other local voluntary car schemes
There are three other voluntary car schemes in the Fareham borough. If you live in one of the areas listed below and would like to use their voluntary car scheme, contact the relevant co-ordinator.
- Portchester – 07002 226 868*
- Stubbington and Hill Head – 07832 330308*
- Lee-on-Solent – 07807 267630*
- Western Wards (Locks Heath, Sarisbury, Swanwick, Titchfield Common, Warsash, Whiteley) – 07002 456 689*
* Please note, calls to these numbers may not be charged at the standard local rate.