Volunteering for Individuals
Volunteering is a great use of your time and your talents. You can assist those who need your help and in return, you get personal satisfaction, experience and a chance to meet some wonderful people.
‘I never knew there was so much variety’
We advertise over 700 volunteering opportunities for more than 500 charities and community groups across Hampshire. There is something for everyone!
‘A great concept and is an easy to use service’
If you are looking to find a suitable volunteering role then you can:
- Give us a call on 0300 500 8085
- Book a time to come for a one to one chat with one of our skilled volunteer advisers at Winchester Discovery Centre either Tuesdays or Thursdays 9.30am to 12.30pm
- From October 2018 you can come and talk to us at Havant Library every 2nd Tuesday of the month between 10.00 and 12.00 and in Waterlooville Library every 2nd Thursday of the month between 10.00 and 12.00
- Or visit our dedicated volunteering website.
What people said about Volunteering
Want to hear from some volunteers about their own volunteering experiences? Find out more about what it’s like to volunteer from Alex Rhodes, a young volunteer in the Whitehill and Bordon Youth Club (see top), and from Home-Start Butser who support disadvantaged families in East Hampshire.
‘I wish I had known about your service previously’
Select below for more information about our partnership with Alton College and Peter Symonds College, Winchester.
This project aims to help introduce students to volunteering and develop new opportunities suitable for 16 – 18 year olds.
‘Thank you for all your help, I am so pleased to have found something that is so much fun and so rewarding to do with my spare time’
Our Positive Pathways project supports Havant Borough residents who need a little bit of help to volunteer in their community, to increase participation in volunteering especially for those who are long term unemployed or who want to reconnect with their community but do not have the confidence to do it alone.
‘Thank you for giving me the chance to volunteer and improve my English’
- Phone: 0300 500 8085
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org