Volunteering for Individuals
* New * We have the cause. You have the effect – Volunteer!
Get involved to help create a community garden from scratch at The Wickham Centre. Working in partnership with The Project, we need a number of volunteers for half a day to kick start a community initiative (Friday 8th June). This will benefit the less fortunate in the surrounding communities, through growing a range of fruit & vegetables. The task will involve a range of gardening activities such as preparing beds and planting.
This is YOUR opportunity to be part of the UK’s biggest celebration recognising the contribution of the 22 million volunteers across the country. All tools and refreshments will be provided. Please come prepared for all weather!
Come and get involved it’s only 4 hours of your time! (Book your place on Eventbrite here)
Volunteering is a great use of your time and your talents. You can assist those who need your help and in return, you get personal satisfaction, experience and a chance to meet some wonderful people.
Over 14 million people volunteer every month in the UK
We advertise over 700 volunteering opportunities for more than 500 charities and community groups across Hampshire. There is something for everyone!
Please visit our dedicated volunteering website
If you are looking to find a suitable volunteering role then you can:
- Give us a call on 0300 500 8085
- Book a time to come for a one to one chat with one of our skilled volunteer advisers at Winchester Discovery Centre Tuesdays and Thursdays 9.30am to 12.30pm, or at Petersfield Library on a Wednesday between 11am and 3pm.
- Want to hear from some volunteers about their own volunteering experiences? Find out more about what it’s like to volunteer from Alex Rhodes, a young volunteer in the Whitehill and Bordon Youth Club, and from Home-Start Butser who support disadvantaged families in East Hampshire:
What people said about our service
- ‘I never knew there was so much variety’
- ‘A great concept and is an easy to use service’
- ‘I wish I had known about your service previously’
- ‘Thank you for giving me the chance to volunteer and improve my English’
- ‘Thank you for all your help, I am so pleased to have found something that is so much fun and so rewarding to do with my spare time’
Select below for more information about our partnership with Alton College and Peter Symonds College, Winchester
This project aims to help introduce students to volunteering and develop new opportunities suitable for 16 – 18 year olds.
Our Positive Pathways project supports Havant Borough residents who need a little bit of help to volunteer in their community, to increase participation in volunteering especially for those who are long term unemployed or who want to reconnect with their community but do not have the confidence to do it alone.
- Phone: 0300 500 8085
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org