Join our Team
Community First is a dynamic and rewarding organisation to work for. We are committed to continually learning as an organisation; embracing change, identifying opportunities, taking steps to address weaknesses and constantly striving to find better ways of delivering services. If you would like to work for Community First you can find out more about our latest job opportunities below.
Qualified Tutor/Trainers (Self-employed)
Community First is seeking a range of tutors to join our expanding bank of trainers who have a desire to utilise their skills working with a range of voluntary groups across Hampshire. Community First Training works across Havant, East Hants and Winchester district but works with groups on a 1:1 basis in other areas. Engagement would be on a self employed basis, working hours are as required, and according to the need as agreed. Paid on an hourly rate appropriate to level of skill, experience and teaching qualification.
Subject areas in demand (but not exclusive to):
- – Applications – Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint
- – Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, Mailchimp and other varieties
- – Basic and improvers IT skills for beginners
- Funding for voluntary groups
- – Commissioning
- – Applying for funding
- – Fundraising
- Skills for independence and employability
- – Confidence building
- – Looking to build a better future
- – Managing your day and tasks
- Governance and Strategy
- – Business planning
- – Working in collaboration and partnerships
- – FinanceKey requirements Essential:
- Training qualifications (minimum of working towards Level 3 ( Level 3 Award in Education & Training can be obtained through CF).
- Experience of tutoring in a voluntary sector setting (college, statutory and business settings also well received)
- Commitment to work with colleagues and adhere to guidelines and expectations
- Maintain records of the progress, attendance and achievement of learners inaccordance with the agreed policies.Desirable:
- Observation of Teaching and Learning experience
- Assessing and Internal Verification qualifications
Working to Hampshire Future and Skills Funding Agency guidelines
Informal enquiries please contact Liz Moore – Learning Services Manager on 0300 500 8085 ext 9719 or email your CV to email@example.com
Community Transport Minibus Drivers
Community First, covering Basingstoke, Bordon, Fareham, Gosport, Havant and Winchester, is seeking to recruit Community Transport Minibus Drivers to cover various contracts including school contracts. Flexible hours by negotiation.
Competitive salary of £8.38ph and benefits. Training given to successful applicants. Applicants must have the following:
- Full Driving Licence with D1 category code
- For insurance purposes be over 25 years of age
For further details and to download an application pack please click here or call Vanessa Kitt HR/Admin Officer on 01962 890066 to request an application pack to be sent to you. For an informal discussion about the role please ring Lynne Peters, Transport Manager, North on 07879 814474 or Gavin Rowe, Transport Manager, South on 01329 223152 .
Please note this post requires an enhanced Disclosure Barring Scheme check.
Participant Support Worker
Job Vacancy – Participant Support Worker (+ admin related duties)
21 hours per week (Contract until end of December 2019 with possibility of extending)
Salary FTE £20,009.60 per annum
(Actual £11,356.80 per annum for 21 hours per week)
Engaging with clients across East Hampshire, Rushmoor, Basingstoke and Winchester.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person experienced in supporting and working with adults who have complex needs to work on an exciting project. They will work with approved participants in order to identify their main personal challenges, establish a personal action plan and support them to move closer to or into sustained employment.
More details including application form are available to view and download here. Alternatively please contact Vanessa Kitt, HR/Admin Officer, 01962 890066 firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for an Application Pack to be sent to you.
Closing date for applications is 25th January 2019 at 17:00. Interviews will take place on 30th January 2019.
This post is funded via the Building Better Opportunities Programme (part funded by the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund – The Alliance Programme, enabling positive outcomes).
Please note this post requires an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
Business Sales Consultant (Self employed)
Skills to Grow Vacancy – Business Sales Consultant – self employed
Flexible hours of 15 – 25 per week (spread over a 6 month contract)
Salary £15 – £25 per hour based on past sales evidence and success plus commission structure (targets to be discussed at interview stage).
Based in Petersfield but working across Hampshire and surrounding borders.
Do you have a track record of selling? Do you maybe run your own part- time business and are looking to contribute something worthwhile to a local charity?
Skills to Grow is a well-established training provider with a wide portfolio of training courses and is a wholly owned subsidiary of the charity Communities First Wessex. The training team is based in Petersfield with offices and services throughout Hampshire and the surrounding areas.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with proven sales experience to sell our portfolio of training courses. Your remit is to:
- Source new clients and develop new business opportunities
- Establish new business leads through cold calling and win sales
- Maximise revenue from existing clients
- Develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Achieve sales targets and outcomes within an agreed time frame
- Generate more income for Skills to Grow to contribute to Communities First Wessex in carrying out its charitable objectives
More details are available here.
For an informal chat about the role please contact Liz Moore, Head of Learning Services email@example.com 07467 941015.
To apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th January 2019 at 17:00. Interviews to be held on the Wednesday 23rd January 2019.