Join our Team
Community First is a dynamic and rewarding organisation to work for. We are committed to continually learning as an organisation; embracing change, identifying opportunities, taking steps to address weaknesses and constantly striving to find better ways of delivering services. If you would like to work for Community First you can find out more about our latest job opportunities below.
Consultant Opportunity - Review of Community Development Resources
Consultant Opportunity – Review of Community Development Resources
We are looking for a consultant to help us to review and refresh the community development Digital Resources we have available on our website. The briefing is available to preview and download here
If you are interested in this opportunity please send a short (no longer than two sides of A4) expression of interest by 20th June 2021 to Mandy Harris, Director of Community Development at email@example.com. This should include:
● Information about you, your experience in this field of work
● Your full fee including VAT for stage one and indicative fee with assumptions for stage two
● Confirm that you can meet the timescales
Should you require any further information please contact Mandy at the email address above or call 07500 781 421
Home Helps and Community Gardeners
Community First Home Services is seeking to increase its workforce of Home Helps and Community Gardeners in New Forest, Havant and Fareham.
Both Home Help and Gardening services are aimed at people who need some help to stay in their own homes.
- Home Helps carry out light cleaning duties, laundry and shopping.
- Gardeners provide mowing, weeding and shrub trimming duties.
Home Helps and Gardeners are self-employed contractors who work to agreed service standards and fixed rates of pay. Clients registered with the services are introduced by Community First.
This a great opportunity to grow your own business and manage a workload to suit your lifestyle.
For further details and to receive an application pack please call our office on 01329 223144 (Home Helps) or 01329 223140 (Community Gardeners) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note these roles require a Disclosure Barring Scheme check.
Qualified Tutor/Trainers (Self-employed)
Community First is seeking a range of tutors to join our expanding bank of trainers who have a desire to utilise their skills working with a range of voluntary groups across Hampshire. Community First Training works across Havant, East Hants and Winchester, Fareham and New Forest districts but works with groups on a 1:1 basis in other areas. Engagement would be on a self-employed basis, working hours are as required, and according to the need as agreed. Paid on an hourly rate appropriate to the level of skill, experience and teaching qualification.
Subject areas in demand at the moment (but not excluded to:)
- Funding and working with voluntary groups
- Community development skills
- Applying for funding including Bid Writing and Commissioning
- Skills for independence and employability
- Confidence building
- Job seeking and applying for work
- Managing Anxiety
- Governance and Strategy
- Business planning
- People Management
- Volunteer and Staff Management
- Conducting Appraisals and Supervision
- Volunteer Recruitment, Retention and Law
- Training qualifications (minimum of working towards Level 3 (Level 3 Award and Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training can be obtained through CF).
- Experience of tutoring in a voluntary sector setting (college, statutory and business settings also well received)
- Commitment to work with colleagues and adhere to guidelines and expectations, including documentation expectations on funded courses.
- Maintain records of the progress, attendance and achievement of learners in accordance with the agreed policies.
- Experience of safeguarding learners or willingness to undertake mandatory training including safeguarding, prevent duty and embedding British values.
- Observation of Teaching and Learning experience
- Working to Hampshire Future and Skills Funding Agency guidelines
- Experience in delivering courses online and training on delivering online learning
Informal enquiries please contact Liz Moore – Learning Services Manager on 01730 777059 or email your CV to email@example.com
Community Transport Minibus Drivers
Community First, covering Basingstoke, East Hampshire, Fareham, Gosport, Havant, New Forest and Winchester, is seeking to recruit Community Transport Minibus Drivers to cover various contracts including school contracts. Flexible hours by negotiation.
Competitive salary of £9.20 ph and benefits. Training given to successful applicants including training on processes adhering to government guidelines to ensure the safety of staff and users.. Applicants must have the following:
- Full Driving Licence with D1 category code
- For insurance purposes be over 25 years of age
For further details and to download an application pack please click here or call Vanessa Kitt HR/Admin Officer on 01962 890066 to request an application pack to be sent to you. For an informal discussion about the role please ring Lynne Peters, Transport Manager, North on 07879 814474 or Gavin Rowe, Transport Manager, South on 01329 223152 .
Please note this post requires an enhanced Disclosure Barring Scheme check.
Volunteer Drivers in all Areas
Do you enjoy driving? Do you have some free time? Would you like to be involved in your local community? Come and volunteer for Community First and make a difference in your local area.
We need volunteer drivers to help transport passengers to activities such as lunch clubs and social activities.
One of our volunteers commented: “Our lives are busy and it can be hard to find the time to volunteer, but the benefits can be really great if you find a place and job you enjoy. Volunteering your time can enhance your life in a variety of ways, those that benefit from your help will be happy you did no matter the reason.”
You will need a clean full driving licence with D1 category to drive a minibus. MiDAS Training can also be provided for suitable drivers and mileage expenses paid. To find out more please visit:
Our Transport Service runs in Basingstoke, East Hampshire, Fareham and Gosport, Havant and Winchester.