Join our Team
Community First is a dynamic and rewarding organisation to work for. We are committed to continually learning as an organisation; embracing change, identifying opportunities, taking steps to address weaknesses and constantly striving to find better ways of delivering services. If you would like to work for Community First you can find out more about our latest job opportunities below.
Home Helps and Community Gardeners in Fareham
Community First in Fareham is seeking to increase its workforce of Home Helps and Community Gardeners.
Both Home Help and Gardening services are aimed at people in the borough who need some help to stay in their own homes.
- Home Helps carry out light cleaning duties, laundry and shopping.
- Gardeners provide mowing, weeding and shrub trimming duties.
Home Helps and Gardeners are self-employed contractors who work to agreed service standards and fixed rates of pay. Clients registered with the services are introduced by Community First.
This a great opportunity to grow your own business and manage a workload to suit your lifestyle.
For further details and to receive an application pack please call our Fareham office on 01329 231899 or email email@example.com.
Please note these roles require a Disclosure Barring Scheme check.
Qualified Tutor/Trainers (Self-employed)
Community First is seeking a range of tutors to join our expanding bank of trainers who have a desire to utilise their skills working with a range of voluntary groups across Hampshire. Community First Training works across Havant, East Hants and Winchester district but works with groups on a 1:1 basis in other areas. Engagement would be on a self employed basis, working hours are as required, and according to the need as agreed. Paid on an hourly rate appropriate to level of skill, experience and teaching qualification.
Subject areas in demand (but not exclusive to):
- – Applications – Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint
- – Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, Mailchimp and other varieties
- – Basic and improvers IT skills for beginners
- Funding for voluntary groups
- – Commissioning
- – Applying for funding
- – Fundraising
- Skills for independence and employability
- – Confidence building
- – Looking to build a better future
- – Managing your day and tasks
- Governance and Strategy
- – Business planning
- – Working in collaboration and partnerships
- – FinanceKey requirements Essential:
- Training qualifications (minimum of working towards Level 3 ( Level 3 Award in Education & Training can be obtained through CF).
- Experience of tutoring in a voluntary sector setting (college, statutory and business settings also well received)
- Commitment to work with colleagues and adhere to guidelines and expectations
- Maintain records of the progress, attendance and achievement of learners inaccordance with the agreed policies.Desirable:
- Observation of Teaching and Learning experience
- Assessing and Internal Verification qualifications
Working to Hampshire Future and Skills Funding Agency guidelines
Informal enquiries please contact Liz Moore – Learning Services Manager on 0300 500 8085 ext 9719 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Transport Minibus Drivers
Community First, covering Basingstoke, East Hampshire, Fareham, Gosport, Havant and Winchester, is seeking to recruit Community Transport Minibus Drivers to cover various contracts including school contracts. Flexible hours by negotiation.
Competitive salary of £8.38ph and benefits. Training given to successful applicants. Applicants must have the following:
- Full Driving Licence with D1 category code
- For insurance purposes be over 25 years of age
For further details and to download an application pack please click here or call Vanessa Kitt HR/Admin Officer on 01962 890066 to request an application pack to be sent to you. For an informal discussion about the role please ring Lynne Peters, Transport Manager, North on 07879 814474 or Gavin Rowe, Transport Manager, South on 01329 223152 .
Please note this post requires an enhanced Disclosure Barring Scheme check.
Volunteer Drivers in all Areas
Do you enjoy driving? Do you have some free time? Would you like to be involved in your local community? Come and volunteer for Community First and make a difference in your local area.
We need volunteer drivers to help transport passengers to activities such as lunch clubs and social activities.
One of our volunteers commented: “Our lives are busy and it can be hard to find the time to volunteer, but the benefits can be really great if you find a place and job you enjoy. Volunteering your time can enhance your life in a variety of ways, those that benefit from your help will be happy you did no matter the reason.”
You will need a clean full driving licence with D1 category to drive a minibus. MiDAS Training can also be provided for suitable drivers and mileage expenses paid. To find out more please visit:
Our Transport Service runs in Basingstoke, East Hampshire, Fareham and Gosport, Havant and Winchester.