Help for groups
“In 2020 we directly supported 619 local voluntary and community groups”
Community First’s dedicated development team can offer tailored information and development support for charities, community groups and social enterprises.
We provide our committed development service to our members via one-to-one sessions, by phone and by email. We can also deliver help through training sessions, workshops and surgeries. Find out more details below on how we can best help you and the causes close to your heart and community.
Find out how to become a member and all the benefits of joining at https://www.cfirst.org.uk/join-us/.
Development Support Services
Are you looking to enhance and develop your charity, not-for-profit organisation, social enterprise or community group?
Our hard-working team is here to help you access the best possible funding, strengthen your operational performance and become a more sustainable and dynamic organisation.
We will support your organisation with:
- Setting up as a new organisation to look closer at new challenges and opportunities
- Finding qualified, experienced trustees and volunteers
- Developing sustainable funding strategies
- Business planning
- Policies and procedures
- Quality assurance and best practice
Our dedicated team also provide the following:
- Advice on employment issues
- Regular e-news
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
- Networking and outreach events (forums)
- Organisational health checks
- Funder events
- Resources, guides and toolkits
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 500 8085
For information tailored to your area, please take a look at the Connects portals below.
Do you need support? Get in touch!
If you have a question and you can’t find the answer on our website, please feel free to get in touch and request a call back from a friendly member of the team.