Get the help you need
With Volunteer Centres throughout Hampshire, you can list your vacancy to promote to potential volunteers through our volunteering database, to local media outlets and via the Hampshire Volunteer Centre Network. This will increase your chances of finding new volunteers and gaining the valuable help you need.
Further information about Volunteer Centres
Volunteer Centres form a national network of agencies working to support volunteers and volunteering. Locally we are passionately committed to providing a high standard of service for volunteers and organisations.
Our Service Standards include:
- Matching both individuals and groups interested in volunteering with appropriate opportunities in the local community
- Brokering volunteering opportunities in whichever way is most appropriate using a range of media
- Providing a personal service to advise on appropriate opportunities
- Promoting volunteering as an important two-way process that mutually benefits organisations and individuals
- Promoting volunteering and specific volunteering opportunities online, through printed publicity materials, local media, special events and outreach activities
- Supporting local and national volunteering campaigns (e.g. National Student Volunteering Week,Volunteers’ Week, Make a Difference Day)
Good practice development
- Providing good quality information on developing high quality volunteer opportunities, volunteer recruitment and management to organisations; including the development of policies, screening, insurance and compliance with the legislation
- Extending the reach and impact of volunteering locally, reflecting the needs and diversity of the local community
- Providing resources for best practice, training or signposting training opportunities
- Helping volunteers and organisations to resolve problems that arise or when relationships break down
Policy response and campaigning
- Maintaining awareness of policies affecting the voluntary sector
- Responding effectively to consultation
- Campaigning to protect the interests of the voluntary sector and volunteers
To find out more about how we can help you please get in touch with a member of our friendly team by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the team on 0300 500 8085.