21 July 2023
Fareham Community Showcase
This event will be a fantastic opportunity for local charities, sports and leisure clubs and voluntary organisations to showcase the work they do in the community.
This year’s Showcase celebrates the vast array of groups working across Fareham and provides a great platform to raise awareness. Groups will be able to talk directly to the public about their activities, support services, volunteer roles and memberships. Musical and dance entertainment as well as crafts and face painting are also planned for the event!
This promises to be a fun and informative day for all the family and an opportunity for us all to discover some of the amazing work being done in the community and to get more involved. Free parking is available in the Leisure Centre, Park Lane, Fareham.
The event’s draft entertainment programme:
- Crafty bakery CIC – FREE activities including Halloween magnets
- Live Art Local CIC – FREE craft activities for preschool children
10.00 Official opening of Showcase by Deputy Mayor Councillor Pal Hayre and Deputy Mayor’s Consort Mr Narinder Hayre
10.05 am Steppin’ Up
11.00 am Solent Sounds Ladies Chorus
11.45 am Solent Tuneless Choir
12.30 pm Solent Glee Club
1.00 pm Strings Ahoy
(Programme subject to change)
Like some more information about the event? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmed stalls include:
- Acts of Kindness Community (Solent) – Charitable organisation supporting these in need with support with food parcels, furniture and clothing.
- Age Concern Hampshire – Age Concern Hampshire is an independent registered charity working to support the ageing journey of older people in the county with a range of well-being services.
- Bee-Released Counselling CIC – A mental health organisation that offers 1:1 counselling, regular drop-ins, training and “walk and talks”. We support our local community to improve wellbeing and provide an affordable service for our unpaid carers and those on benefits.
- Cancer Research UK Fareham Local Committee – Cancer Research UK’s Fareham Committee have been raising money for the last 70 years organising events including Beetle Drives with Afternoon Tea, Quizzes with Fish & Chips, Various Lunches, Open Gardens and more. They’re looking forward to talking to potential new members to help out.
- Catisfield & District Gardening Club – Catisfield Gardening Club is a friendly group based in Catisfield. The Club organises regular social events and talks and would welcome new members.
- Christians Together in Fareham – Ecumenical body uniting Christian churches in the Borough to promote Christianity and deliver and support projects in the community.
- Citizens Advice Fareham – Local charity service providing free, independent, confidential and impartial advice helping people face their problems.
- CMA (Community Money Advice) Connect Fareham – CMA Fareham offers a free support and advisory service to clients in financial difficulty including budgeting courses, regulated debt advice and face to face support.
- Community First Home Services – Providing support to the older members or who live with disabilities to provide help to stay living independently at home for as long as they are able with basic housework and gardening.
- Dementia Friendly Hampshire – independent charity supporting people affected by dementia to improve quality of life. Services include setting up Action Groups and signposting to advice as well as raising dementia awareness.
- Dementia Support Hampshire – Dementia Support Hampshire & IOW have a weekly Support & Social Group which takes place every Thursday afternoon at Holy Trinity Church Hall in Fareham. The group is free to attend for anyone living with memory loss or dementia and their family, friends and caregivers.
- Fareham & Gosport Voluntary Car Service – Providing a transport service for older and vulnerable residents in Fareham. We take people to medical and other appointments via our friendly and economic service
- Fareham and Gosport Board Game Lounge – An adult only social group that meets monthly.
- Fareham and Gosport Branch of Parkinsons UK – Providing support for all those suffering from Parkinsons, their families and friends.
- Fareham Art Group – They welcome beginners and artists of all abilities and offer new learning skills through tutorial classes in a friendly environment with members who provide advice and help.
- Fareham Flower Club – A friendly group of people who have a passion for flowers and arranging them in simple ways.
- Fareham Good Neighbours – We offer befriending service for people who live in Fareham Borough, from Portchester to Warsash, and from Wickham to Titchfield.
- Fareham Men’s Shed – Fareham Men’s Shed promotes social inclusion generally for older men who may have retired or sadly lost a partner. We always welcome new members but desperately need bigger premises.
- Fareham Probus Club – Provides opportunity for men (55+) with a Professional or Business background to socialise. We meet monthly for lunch with a guest speaker. We welcome new members.
- Fareham School of Gymnastics – A family run club offering a range of classes from beginners through to regional level competition at venues across the Borough. The Club is recognised by British Gymnastivs as providing a safe and child friendly environemtn for all gymnasts.
- Fareham Trefoil Guild – The local branch of the Trefoil Guild is part of the Girlguiding family. The guild takes the spirit of girlguiding into communities and directly assists guiding units. Membership of the guild is open to anyone over the age of 18.
Fareham- Vannes Twinning Association – Helping citizens and organisations in Fareham and Vannes to conduct cultural exchange visits.
- Fareport Talking News – Fareport Talking New is a free fortnightly Talking Newspaper sent out to our blind and visually impaired listeners living in the Fareham area. The USB recordings cover local news and events.
- Friday Night Charity – Provides ophttps://www.talkingnews-fareport.org.uk/portunities for adults with mild to moderate learning disabilities to socialise, have fun and participate in a range of activities. FNC welcomes new volunteers to help deliver weekday activities.
- Friends through Pain and Partners through Pain – Is an informal monthly meeting group for individuals who suffer from chronic pain and their carers. The meetings offer guest speakers and social activities.
- Glee Club UK (Solent Glee) – Is a friendly choir offering a fantastic opportunity or singing, fun and laughter for all ages. New members are always welcome to learn versions of favourite rock and pop songs in beautiful four part harmony.
- Hampshire Search and Rescue – One of many Lowland Rescue teams throughout the country which provide professionally trained volunteers to assist the police with searches for at-risk vulnerable missing people.
- Live Art Local CIC – A group delivering art projects in the community to encourage participation in creative activities for all ages.
- Love4Life – A thriving friendship and dating network for adults with learning disabilities and autism
- NoLimits Safe Haven NEHF – No Limits is an award-winning, local, independent charity providing a unique combination of prevention, early intervention and crisis support to young people, based on a nationally evidenced model.
- Portsmouth Abuse & Rape Counselling Service (PARCS) – This service provides free specialist counselling and psychotherapy for people who have experienced sexual and/or domestic abuse and covers the South East Hampshire area.
- Recapture Life CIC – Set up to provide help and support to those with dementia and their loved ones through social clubs and activities.
- Ripples of Compassion – Supporting children with cancer, life-limiting conditions & bereaved parents get the help they need.
- Sarisbury Green Community Centre – The centre is the hub of Sarisbury Green offering a range of events, clubs and activities as well as the annual “show on the green”. Rooms are also available for private hire.
- Seafarers Sailing Club – A small, friendly club encouraging dinghy sailing through racing, cruising and training. We welcome new members and our location allows sailing at all times. We support beach cleaning, local schools, and other sailing charities.
- Social Prescribers, Fareham and Portchester Primary Care Network – Four dedicated social prescribers provide non–medical support and services across surgeries in the Borough. Their role is to improve mental and physical health to local residents and promote independence.
- Solent Glee Club – Solent Glee club uk are a lovely thriving and friendly group of more than fifty singers, who meet to sing for fun.
- Solent Sounds Ladies Chorus – We are a friendly group of fun-loving women who sing unaccompanied four-part harmony acapella style.
- Solent Speakers Toastmasters Public Speaking Club – Solent Speakers Club is the local speakers club for Fareham, Gosport, Cosham, Whiteley and Waterlooville. They provide a meeting place to practice public speaking and learn skills through participation as well as an educational programme.
- Solent Thrashers Club – An American Football Club based in Southampton (18+ (Adult)).
- Southern Health NHS Trust – The support hub is aimed at anyone that may have or needs support in finding the right service for them, asking for advice or accessing signposting information
- Sue Ryder – This national charity has two retail outlets in the Borough raising funds for palliative care, neurological and bereavement support. The charity would welcome new volunteers for their retail shops.
- Steppin’ UP Dance – Friendly dance classes, across a number of genres, for both adults and children. Steppin’Up will be performing a fantastic repertoire on the event stage.
- The Abbeyfield Society – Abbeyfield is a charity offering independent living accommodation for older individuals.
- The Breastfeeding Network South and East Hampshire – This local branch offers independent information and support to help build awareness of breastfeeding.
- The Brickworks Museum – This unique heritage museum celebrates Fareham’s industrial history of brickmaking and is the UK’s sole surviving steam driven brickworks. We welcome new visitors and new volunteers to continue our good work.
- The Crafty Makery – The Crafty Makery CIC is a Community crafting Hub in the centre of Fareham which is accessible to all. The benefits of these social activities have been recognised as being good for your mental health and well-being.
- The Eight Foundation – A grant-making charity supporting local small charities and individuals in our communities, giving those who may not often get heard a voice!
- The Environment Centre – Helping local residents to manage energy bills and improve energy efficiency.
- The Portchester Hub (charity name Portchester Community Association CIO)
- The Rainbow Centre – Supports children and adults and those caring for them who are affected by neurological conditions enabling them to reach their full potential in all aspects of their lives through Conductive Education
- The Solent Diabetes Association – This local charity provides relief and welfare foe those with diabetes and their families. The charity manages a local shop in Fareham and welcomes new volunteers.
- Titchfield Women’s Institute –This friendly group offer fun, friendship and laughter to women f all ages. Meeting monthly at Titchfield Village Hall, social activities include games, talks, crafts, waking and book groups.
- Tim Kiver Foundation – A local registered charity who support adults and parents of children affected by ADHD whether you suspect or have been diagnosed ADHD. We do this by running support groups in Southampton, Portsmouth and Online and also provide advice, advocacy and ADHD specific Life Coaching on a 1 to 1 basis for our local communities and around the UK.
- U3a Locks Heath – Provides a new experience opportunity when you have retired from full time work. For adults to enjoy pursuing their interests with others
- Unexpected places (to include Little Lights and Light UP drama) – Little Lights run magical musical sensory play classes for pre-schoolers and Light UP provides value for money drama classes, and inventive performance opportunities to children aged 4-16 years old.
- United Vision – A dynamic group of visually impaired adults enjoying an active social life across Fareham, Gosport, and Portsmouth.
- Veterans Outreach Support – Offers welfare, well-bring and clinical provision to UK Armed Forces and Merchant Navy veterans and tier families. In addition to monthly drop-in families well-being activities are offered throughout the month.
- Waypoint Hub / Fareham Food Bank – Supporting the community through free food parcels and a community pantry.
- We Can Read – Teach Yourself or Child to Read and Spell with our 720 Online Phonics Lessons!