Is limited mobility affecting your ability to get around and go about your day?
Shopmobility is here to provide you with a wide selection of mobility equipment to help you access the places you need to go.
You can hire our equipment via home delivery to support independent living, or you can access our town centre service for visiting local facilities. Longer term hire of equipment is also an option if you are going on holiday or need support at home.
Using our service
Anyone aged 16+*, who needs assistance to be independently mobile in the town centre and local area, can hire our mobility equipment.
First time using a mobility scooter? No worries, we will give advice and training to all users.
- Showing you how to operate equipment safely
- A practice session before going out into town
- Advice on which equipment best suits your needs
- Advice about buying a scooter if this is something you are considering.
*Please note there is a minimum age requirement of 16 years for hire of power chairs and scooters.
Membership & Fees
Membership costs just £10.00 per year and includes use of the majority of the Shopmobility schemes in the Wessex area.
Members can hire:
- a wheelchair for £3.50 per day
- an electric scooter or powered chair for £4.50 per day
- a long term loan of any equipment for a £50 deposit, plus daily fees
Just bring along proof of ID and then you can hire:
- a wheelchair for £5.50 per day
- an electric scooter or powered chair for £6.50 per day
Booking and enquiries
- Call 01329 282929
- Email email@example.com
- Visit us at: Ground Level, Osborn Road Multi-Storey Car Park, Fareham, Hampshire PO16 7DW (close to Fareham Library)
Fareham Shopmobility is generously made possible by:
A grant from Fareham Borough Council,
Support by Fareham Shopping Centre