4 November 2022
Children In Need
The people and organisations we fund will:
● Work in the heart of their communities, particularly in times of crisis.
● Put children and young people at the centre of everything they do, from design to delivery.
● Address the challenges the children and young people face, build their skills and resilience, empower them and extend their choices in life.
● Be keen to keep learning about their work so that their ability to make a difference in children and young people’s lives can keep on improving.
We recognise the intersectional nature of many of the issues facing children and young people and the complex picture of needs within different areas. Our current thematic areas of interest include projects and organisations supporting children and young people from communities experiencing racial inequality, children and young people from LGBTQ+ communities, children and young people experiencing bereavement and children and young people who are (or who are at risk of being) criminally exploited.
Areas of Geographic Interest:
Projects and organisations supporting children and young people living in Folkestone and Hythe, Havant, Dartford, Gravesham, Wealden and Gosport.
Yapp Charitable Trust
They will only fund work that focuses on one of their priority groups:
● Children and young people aged 5 – 25
● Elderly people
● People with physical impairments, learning difficulties or mental health challenges
● Social welfare – people trying to overcome life-limiting problems of a social, rather than medical, origin (such as addiction, relationship difficulties, abuse, offending)
● Education and learning (with a particular interest in people who are educationally disadvantaged, whether adults or children)
They only make grants for ongoing core funding. They define core funding as the costs associated with regular activities or services that have been ongoing for at least a year. They can not fund new projects, extra services or additional delivery costs. They can only offer grants to registered charities that have been formally established for a minimum of three years.
How to apply:
They have recently moved to an online application process. Please read their guidelines fully before considering an application as they only fund charities that meet their eligibility criteria. They welcome pre-application inquiries.