10 October 2022
Funds & Grants – Hampshire County Council
Leaders Community Grants
The purpose of the scheme is to fund one-off, time-limited projects which:
- Provide community benefits and help local communities thrive
- Help local organisations become financially self-supporting and not reliant on public sector funding
- Hampshire maintains strong and sustainable economic growth and prosperity
- People in Hampshire live safe, healthy and independent lives
- People in Hampshire enjoy a rich and diverse environment
- People in Hampshire enjoy being part of strong, inclusive communities
Applications can be made for over £1,000 to a maximum of £25,000 and may be for activity costs and/or capital costs. Applications in excess of £25k will occasionally be considered in exceptional circumstances.
Organisations wishing to apply must be properly constituted with clear and effective governance and management structures.
County Councillor grants
Each Member will receive an annual budget, to be allocated to local projects, initiatives or organisations in their Division. Legitimate groups and organisations, but not individuals, will be able to apply to their local Member for a grant. A legitimate organisation is one which has its own bank account, and which can demonstrate that it has at least one of the following:
- Where relevant, independently verified statements of account or at least, a formal letter from an independent person with the requisite ability and practical experience to carry out a competent examination of the accounts
- A published statement of its objectives
- A committee or board of governors or trustees and
- Minuted meetings and an annual general meeting
Groups and organisations can apply for funding for both revenue (one-off) and minor capital projects.Applications can be made by a wide variety of organisations and groups located within the administrative County of Hampshire, but the organisation or group must have a bank account, and (for grants over £5,000) provide a set of accounts and, where relevant, details of the organisation’s child/adults safeguarding policy.
Organisations/groups applying for a grant must complete the appropriate application form, using the electronic application process.
Rural Communities Fund
The Rural Communities Fund supports Parish Councils, groups and organisations in rural Hampshire and small market towns. The priorities of the scheme are to build community resilience and encourage self-help. The four areas are:
- Climate Change Resilience (to include Flood Alleviation) – we want to help rural communities deliver solutions to Climate Change in their local areas to benefit both people and property (enabling the Rural Programme to collaborate with the recommendations of HCC’s newly formed Climate Emergency department)
- Countryside – we want to help rural communities improve their local natural environment, increase access to the countryside or enhance biodiversity
- Rural Economy and Business (to include Rural Retailers) – we want to help all Rural Businesses and Community Enterprises grow, increase their productivity and ultimately improve the services that are offered to communities in rural areas
- Other – we are keen to support other projects or initiatives that will help build community resilience and/or encourage self-help in rural areas e.g. supporting vulnerable and older people; supporting innovative transport solutions to access services
- If you are a representative of a rural parish council, group or organisation with an idea or even have a ‘ready to go project’ and want to know more then please get in touch with the team at firstname.lastname@example.org