Wheels to Work
Wheels to Work is a moped loan service allowing you to independently get to work, apprenticeships, training or job interviews.
The service is available for people with no access to suitable transport aged 16+ in Winchester and East Hampshire, and 16-25 in the New Forest and Test Valley.
9 out of 10 hirers on average have found employment thanks to the W2W scheme. A little help to start your journey goes a long way.
“It was good for me. It helped me get to my job which meant I could gain more qualifications and I will now be in a much better position to progress my career.”
‘Thank you wheels to work for accepting my son on to the scheme, my son was able to accept an apprenticeship in a rural location, learn a trade, work towards a qualification and save up for his own moped, all at the same time.”
We’ll helpfully provide:
- Your transport: A fully taxed, insured and maintained 50 cc, 110cc or Horwin EK3 electric moped.
- Free training: You will get mandatory Compulsory Basic Training (CBT), free of charge from approved providers, and which will be valid for two years.
- All safety equipment: A free helmet and lock, plus gloves and jacket for a small fee.
- A loan for up to year: The typical loan period will be 3-6 months with a possible extension to a maximum of 12 months enabling you to save for your own transport in the meantime.
- Servicing: All of our mopeds are serviced and maintained as required.
‘I was amazed that within a week of being interviewed for the scheme I had taken my CBT and was riding around on my own moped, the scheme helped me grow in confidence and I was able to work and save for my own moped.’
What will I need to do?
Please complete our application form and review the documents listed below:
- Application Form (Word)
- Application Form (PDF)
- Hire Agreement (PDF)
- Referrer’s / Guarantor’s Notes (PDF)
- Q&A (PDF)
In order to get started you will need to pay a deposit of £100 which is refundable at the end of the loan period, subject to the moped being returned in a satisfactory condition.
We also ask for a weekly hire charge as detailed in the table below.
|Age of hirer||50cc moped||110/electric moped|
|21 or over||£20.50||£23.00|
(All prices include VAT.)
You must have your own driving licence before registering (minimum provisional).
“Having the moped meant I could work all the shifts my employers wanted me to. I was in danger of losing my job as I could only work the day shifts”
Do you have any questions? Get in touch
Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday 9.30am – 3pm, with an answerphone outside of these hours. You are also welcome to send us an email.
New Forest and Test Valley Wheels to Work
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 01425 482773 / 07896 218 046
East Hampshire and Winchester Wheels to Work
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 01425 482773 / 07896 212 198
Find us at: Community First, Wheels to Work, Mead Court, Winsor Road, Cadnam, SO40 2HR
Wheels to Work is funded by
- East Hampshire District Council
- Hampshire County Council
- New Forest District Council