Help for Groups
Community First’s development team can offer personalised information and development support for charities, community groups and social enterprises.
In 2016, we directly supported 363 of our member groups.
Development Support Services
We work with community groups and organisations to access the best possible funding advice & developmental support services to strengthen their operational performance and become more sustainable organisations.
Community First can support your group:
- Setting up as a new organisation to address new challenges and opportunities
- Finding Trustees and well qualified, experienced and dedicated volunteers
- Developing sustainable funding strategies
- Business planning
- Policies and procedures
- Quality assurance and best practice
- Providing advice on and dealing with employment issues
- Providing Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
- Providing Forums for networking, ideas sharing and partnership building
- Providing funder events
Organisational Health Checks
All third sector organisations need to ensure that not only are they providing quality services that meet their client needs but that they have all the necessary processes in place to ensure that their organisation is in good shape for the future.
Networking and Outreach Events
We provide our development service via one to one sessions, by phone and by email. We can also deliver help through training sessions, workshops and surgeries.
Our development team deliver a series of online and outreach events. For more information please visit our events section.
Get in touch
If you have a question and you can’t find the answer on our website then get in touch and request a call back from a member of the team.