Fareham and Gosport Voluntary Sector Health Forum
The Fareham and Gosport Voluntary Sector Health Forum is a meeting point for the health services and more than 50 community groups in Fareham and Gosport that support people with health conditions.
The Forum allows patients to influence how health services meet their needs and become more effective.
The Health and Wellbeing Forums is a meeting point for health services and Voluntary Community Social Enterprise (VCSE) groups and organisations that support people with improving their health and wellbeing and reducing health inequalities.
To engage, inform and support local health and disability groups in the area so that:
- They can collectively have their say and influence decision making
- Their work is known and valued by healthcare providers including GPs
- They can put forward proposals to improve the health and wellbeing of patients with long term conditions and their families
- They are informed about proposals for the development of health services by the Hampshire & Isle of Wight Integrated Care Board and can respond individually or collectively
- They can provide feedback or raise concerns about health services for the specific needs of patients with particular conditions
Hampshire & Isle of Wight Integrated Care Board
Hampshire & Isle of Wight Integrated Care Board (ICB) is responsible for purchasing healthcare for patients in Fareham and Gosport, and is required by law to consult with patients. The Health Forum helps the ICB to do this more effectively.
The Forum is open to all health and disability related support groups, clubs and charities in Fareham and Gosport that aim to improve the health and well-being of their members. Health and social care professionals and representatives of the ICB will also attend.
Meetings and Webinars
Meetings are organised 4 times a year and are hosted alternately by Community First Fareham and Gosport Voluntary Action. Groups unable to send a representative can participate in advance by email or phone. The agenda goes out by email at least a week before meetings, and responses from groups are collated. Generally, the meetings have a theme, and ideas or suggestions are always welcome.
The Forum is not a channel for individual cases or complaints to be raised.
Previous meetings and webinars: 13 Sep 2023 16 May 2023, 22 Feb 2023, 20 Sep 2022, 11 May 2022, 24 Mar 2022, 9 Feb 2022, 9 Nov 2021, 12 Oct 2021, 24 Jun 2021, 24 Mar 2021, 20 Jan 2021, 9 Nov 2020, 4 Feb 2020,
- Thursday 30 November 2023 1-2pm – ‘Young People’s Wellbeing Services’
- Tuesday 6 February 2024, 1-2pm
Community First: 07917718409
Or contact Jane via email@example.com