Community First Home Help provides a low cost service for anyone living in the Fareham area who is unable to do their own basic housework. Our aim is to enable clients to maintain their independence and stay in their own homes for longer. We have over 20 years’ experience in delivering a friendly, reliable and efficient service to our clients.
- Clients have the same Home Help for every visit, enabling them to get to know each other.
- Home Helps agree a time and day to visit the client.
- Clients can decide how long they need help. It can be short or long term.
- Clients may call us at any time to discuss any change in circumstances or other concerns.
- Our Home Helps have all attended an interview, had two references taken up, have been DBS checked and are trained in good practice.
- Our Home Helps work within a professional framework of detailed operating procedures that have been written for the service and approved by Hampshire Adult Services.
How do I join the service?
- New Clients must complete a Registration form to apply to join the service. The form can be downloaded here. This can be completed by a Client his or herself, or by a family member, friend, carer or care professional. Please ensure you have the Client’s permission before applying on their behalf.
- Once we receive the form, we will arrange to visit and discuss the Client’s needs with them and complete a full assessment. We aim to visit within 10 working days.
What work can be done?
- Home Helps provide light housework and/or shopping. Tasks include vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the kitchen, bathroom, changing sheets, laundry, ironing, collecting shopping and prescriptions from local shops.
- Home Helps do not provide personal care, administer medication or prepare food. We also recommend that they do not undertake heavy lifting or work that requires climbing.
When can the work be done?
The hours of work are Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. Home Helps are not expected to work Bank Holidays.
How much will it cost?
- Home Helps work on a self-employed basis and charge £8.50 per hour (rate from 1st April 2019). The contract for the service is strictly between the Client and the Home Help. The Client normally pays the Home Help direct each time they visit.
- There is also a Home Help Scheme Membership Charge to cover the cost of the co-ordination of the Service. This charge is currently £12 (inc.VAT) per month payable by direct debit or £120 (inc. VAT) annually by direct debit or in cash or cheque on receipt of invoice.
Community First Home Help Service is funded entirely by Client Membership charges and donations to Community First. It receives no other funding for this important service. If you wish to make a donation or leave a bequest, please contact us.
Be a Home Help
If you would like to be a Community First Home Help please click here for more details.
Call 01329 223144 or email email@example.com