Community First Home Help Service provides cost effective assistance for anyone living in the Fareham area who is unable to do their own basic housework. The service aims to enable people to maintain their independence and stay in their own homes for longer. We have over 20 years’ experience in providing a friendly, reliable and efficient service for people in Fareham.
- We match Clients with a Home Help who they can get to know.
- Home Helps visit their Clients on an agreed day and time.
- Clients can decide how long they need help for.
- Clients can call the service Coordinators at any time to discuss changes in circumstances, concerns or other matters.
- Home Helps have all attended an interview, had two references taken up, are DBS (police) checked and are trained in good practice.
How do I join the service?
- New Clients must complete a Registration form to apply to join the Service. The form can be downloaded here. This can be completed by a Client his or herself, or by a family member, friend, carer or care professional. Please ensure you have a Client’s permission before applying on their behalf.
- Once we receive the form, one of our Team will arrange to visit and discuss the Client’s needs with them and complete a full assessment.
What work can be done?
- Home Helps provide light housework and/or shopping. Tasks include vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the kitchen, bathroom, changing sheets, laundry, ironing and collecting shopping and prescriptions from local shops.
- Home Helps do not provide personal care, administer medication or prepare food. We also recommend that they do not undertake heavy lifting or work that requires climbing.
When can the work be done?
The Service operates Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm and does not include Bank Holidays.
How much will it cost?
- Home Helps work on a self-employed basis and charge £9.00 per hour (rate from 1st April 2020). The contract for the service is strictly between the Client and the Home Help. The Client usually pays their Home Help direct each time they visit.
- There is also a Home Help Scheme Membership Charge to cover the cost of the co-ordination of the Service. This charge is payable to Community First and is currently £12 (inc.VAT) per month payable by direct debit only or £120 (inc. VAT) paid annually by direct debit or in cash or by cheque on receipt of invoice.
Community First Home Help Service is funded entirely by Client Membership charges and donations to Community First. It receives no other funding for this important service. If you wish to make a donation or leave a bequest, please contact us.
Be a Home Help
If you would like to be a Community First Home Help please click here for more details.
Call 01329 223144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org