Community First Home Help provides a low cost service for anyone living in the Fareham area who is unable to do their own basic housework. Our aim is to enable clients to maintain their independence and stay in their own homes for longer. We have over 20 years’ experience in delivering a friendly, reliable and efficient service to our clients.
- Clients have the same Home Help for every visit, enabling them to get to know each other.
- Home Helps agree a time and day to visit the client.
- Clients can decide how long they need help. It can be short or long term.
- Clients may call us at any time to discuss any change in circumstances or other concerns.
- Our Home Helps have all attended an interview, had two references taken up, have been DBS checked and are trained in good practice.
- Our Home Helps work within a professional framework of detailed operating procedures that have been written for the service and approved by Hampshire Adult Services.
How do I join the service?
- Once we receive the referral, we will visit and discuss potential clients’ needs with them and make a formal assessment. In most cases we can arrange to visit the client within 7 days of receiving the referral form. If there is a waiting list, priority will be given to those with the greatest need.
- All client details are maintained in the strictest confidence within the service.
What work can be done?
- Home Helps provide light housework / shopping. Tasks include vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the kitchen, bathroom, changing sheets, laundry, ironing, collecting shopping / prescriptions from local shops.
- Unfortunately, Home Helps cannot deal with personal care, medication or food preparation. For their own safety, they are also advised not to undertake heavy lifting, work involving climbing or high level work.
When can the work be done?
The hours of work are Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. Home Helps are not expected to work Bank Holidays.
How much will it cost?
- Home Helps work on a self-employed basis and charge £8.50 per hour (from 1st April 2019). The contract for the service is strictly between the client and the Home Help. The client normally pays the Home Help directly each time they visit.
- There is also a small Scheme Service Charge to cover the cost of the co-ordination, training and introduction of Home Helps for the service. This Charge is either £12 (Inc.VAT) per month paid by direct debit or £120 (Inc. VAT) by annual direct debit, cash or cheque.
- It may be possible to make alternative payment arrangements if family members wish to pay for the service.
Community First Home Help has to be entirely funded by client contributions and donations to Community First. It receives no other funding for this important service. If you wish to donate or leave a bequest please contact us.
Be a Home Help
If you would like to be a Community First Home Help please click here for more details.
Call 01329 223144 or email email@example.com