Our Home Help Service provides cost-effective assistance for anyone who is unable to do their own basic housework and/or shopping. The service enables people to maintain their independence and stay in their own homes.
Why choose us?
- We have over 20 years’ experience in providing a friendly, reliable and efficient service.
- We match Clients with a Home Help who they can get to know.
- Home Helps visit their Clients on an agreed day and time.
- Clients can decide how often they need help.
- Clients can call the Service Coordinators Monday – Friday between 9am – 3pm to discuss changes in circumstances, concerns or other matters.
- Home Helps have all attended an interview, had two references taken up, are DBS (police) checked and are trained in good practice.
Joining the Service
- Please submit a registration form to apply for the service. The form can be downloaded here. This can be completed by a Client, or by a family member, friend, carer or care professional. Please ensure you have a Client’s permission before applying on their behalf.
- Once we receive the form, one of our Team will arrange to visit and discuss the Client’s needs with them and complete a full assessment.
How can we help?
- Home Helps cover all aspects of basic housework, as well as collecting shopping and prescriptions from local shops.
- Home Helps do not provide personal care or administer medication.
Home Help working hours
Home Helps operate Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm, not including Bank Holidays.
How much will it cost?
To help us keep the service affordable our home helps are self employed and they are paid directly by you for the hours they have worked, at a rate agreed by us.
We charge an administraton fee, which you pay us monthly or yearly by direct debit. This covers our inital assessment visit to yourself, for us to safely recruit and check new Home Helps, matching you with a Home Help, providing cover for sickness and holidays.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if my Home Help is off sick or on holiday?
Providing you are happy to accept, a replacement Home Help will be sent to you, if possible, to cover the period of absence although we cannot guarantee the same day and time.
Who is eligible for the service?
We provide a home cleaning and shopping service for frail, elderly and disabled people or if you are unable to do basic housework due to personal or family illness. All Home Helps are DBS checked and have undertaken an induction process.
Are the Home Helps insured?
Yes, Community First holds Public Liability insurance. Details available on request.
Community First Home Help Service is funded entirely by Client Membership charges and donations to Community First. It receives no other funding for this important service. If you wish to make a donation or leave a bequest, please contact us.
Work as a Home Help
If you would like to be a Community First Home Help please click here for more details.
Call 01329 223144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org